Samaritan’s Purse is a non denominational evangelical Christ... Request for bid Tender1 month ago - Accounting & Auditing - Addis Ababa - 198 views
Samaritan’s Purse is a non denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ
Public Bid No: - SPE20-074-ADD-07
In Ethiopia, Samaritan’s Purse is registered with Civil Society and Organization Agency, implementing projects in the regions of Gambella, SNNPR, and Oromia, with major focus in WASH, Livelihood, Shelter and Health Sectors. Samaritan’s Purse maintain a country office in Addis Ababa, Bole with filed office in Gambella, Hosanna and Yirgachaffe. The financial year for the organization runs from 1 January to 31 December.
We would like to engage and retain a reputable audit firm to carry-out the statutory audit of Samaritan’s Purse Ethiopia.
The objective of the Samaritan’s Purse Ethiopia audit is to obtain reasonable assurance on the truth and fairness of the financial statements and notes to the accounts. The audit will be performed in accordance with International Standards of Auditing (“ISA”) and in compliance with International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS)
The audit report will include an Independent Auditors Report (Opinion) on the financial statements, and other required schedules and analyses as Samaritan’s Purse has determined are necessary in order to ensure that program resources are being properly managed. The auditors should assess the organization’s compliance with the provisions of the CSOA proclamations and the Income tax proclamations and the directives of the relevant government regulatory authorities.
Scope of work
The successful External Auditor will cover the Country office in Addis Ababa and the program field office as may be required. We expect the auditor to test among other, the existence and effectiveness of internal controls. The findings of which should include recommendations for improvement for areas of weaknesses in internal control and general compliances.
Eligible Audit firm should meet the following criteria:
1. Compliance with legal requirements of registration
2. Experience of the audit firm with audit reporting under International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and International Standards on Auditing (ISA)
3. References for similar audits performed within the same sector and within the last five years
4. Provide Audit Methodology, proposed Work-plan, Curriculum Vitae for the audit partner, manager and key staff proposed for the audit team
The key deliverables will be:
1. Audited Financial Statements and audit opinion report thereof indicating if accounting standards have been applied and whether they reflect a true and fair view of the financial position of the Samaritan’s Purse Ethiopia.
2. Management Letter where matters that may not material to the financial statements, but which the auditor wishes to communicate to Samaritan’s Purse Ethiopia may be reflected for management actions.
1. The proposal submitted should have a maximum of 20 pages exclusive of attachments of statutory requirements, and shall be clearly labeled, “EOI: EXTERNAL AUDIT AND ASSURANCE SERVICES.” and addressed and delivered to the address below not later than the 14thDecember 2020.
2. For clarification of the service, please email to ‘’SPEthiopiabids@samaritan.org.
The Country Director,
Samaritan’s Purse International Relief, Ethiopia
P. O. Box 10485, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Bole Medhanialem, House no 2367, Next to the Mosaic Hotel